Whether you’re a first-time client or a long-time guest, a consultation before your service is an essential element of your visit. Here’s an inside look at a Gaia consultation and what makes it special.
How long will my consultation be? Typically, consultations last between 15-30 minutes, and we do them in the salon so our stylists can see and feel your hair. For custom color, we’re analyzing your hair to make sure it can withstand the service you’re requesting. We also gauge your reactions to suggestions by not just listening to your answers, but also watching your body language.
Can I share photos with my stylist? Yes! And our stylists have inspiration photos on Facebook and Instagram they can share with you. We also pull images from online sources to ensure we’re finding the exact style you’re looking for.
What will my stylist ask during the consultation? Lots of questions about your hair! But we’ll also ask about your lifestyle. Here are a few we ask most often:
- What are you hoping to accomplish at this visit?
- Have you colored your hair before?
- How much time are you willing to spend maintaining your look?
- Tell me about a cut/color you’ve had in the past that you loved or hated and why? (photos are helpful)
- Tell me about your everyday hair care routine.
- Does your lifestyle require you to wear your hair back daily? What’s a realistic timeframe for you to come into the salon (every 6 weeks? 10 weeks? 14 weeks?)
- Do you have inspirational photos to share?
- What’s your budget for each salon visit?
How can I schedule my consultation? Give us a call: 785.539.2622, or click here to book an appointment. We look forward to seeing you at Gaia Salon!
View this post on Instagram
A thorough consultation ensures your style will meet (and exceed) your expectations.