30 Sep From Gym to Glam in 45 minutes…
Including breakfast and shower? You bet!
If you’re trying to get motivated to add a workout to your morning routine, mix and match some of these tips and tricks to start your day strong. And let us know your favorite ways to save time in the morning–leave us your advice in the comments!
NO SKIPPING. If you plan ahead, grabbing breakfast as soon as you walk in the door doesn’t have to take an age.
For some quick and filling calories, try these:
- overnight oats
- yogurt and granola
- protein powder in milk
(Though my favorite solution is to make a batch of waffles on my day off so I can pop one in the microwave as soon as I get home.)
Shower & Hair
Just wash your face and body and you’re done in a flash. A shower cap can keep your hair from getting soaked or if you’re careful you can just keep it up and do a really good job dodging the showerhead. Then these second-day-hair styles are quick and simple:
- Dry Shampoo–Use Aveda’s Shampure Dry Shampoo to care for your scalp on days you don’t wash.
- Existing Product–Usually yesterday’s product will actually be revived by the heat and salt of your sweat, so often I’ll just run my fingers though what’s there, stick in a barrette, and move on!
- Rinseless Refresh–Or you can try some Rinseless Refresh which both cleanses your scalp and adds some hold so you can scrunch up some style.
- Smooth Infusion–Alternatively, for naturally straight hair, rub a pump of Smooth Infusion between damp hands and then slick down your strands—think of it like a straightening iron without heat!
- Braids!–And if it’s just one of those days where your hair resists every smoothing product known to woman, try some braids. They’re not just for schoolgirls.
Clothes & Accessories
Here’s where planning ahead saves the most time for me: Throw on an outfit you’ve laid out ahead of time so you don’t have to waste time making decisions. If you already know the outfit looks great on you, all you have to do is put it on and go!
Actually, one of my weekend pastimes is playing dress-up. Just taking an hour to plan out your week’s wardrobe can be calming, creative, fun, and—most importantly—a time saver later in the week.
The other place you may want to shave off some minutes from your morning routine is by paring down your cosmetic arsenal.
My everyday faves include moisturizer, concealer, brow pencil, mascara, and lip gloss. Done.
- Moisturizer–Spritz on some of Aveda’s toning mist to help your face soak in the good stuff; follow with a layer of tinted moisturizer to hydrate, protect from UV rays, and even out your complexion all in one.
- Concealer–Just three dots of concealer blended under each eye can make you look more alert and fresh-faced.
- Brows–And definitely don’t skip the Aveda Brow Definer. The impact of a well-defined brow never ceases to amaze me. It’s the simplest way I know to start your day looking on-point.
- Lashes–Mascara goes without saying.
And if that’s all you have time for, you can put on a bold lip gloss on your walk from car to office and stride in looking stellar.
From gym to glam in 45 minutes!